Configuration of the dosing volume
The dosing volume can be changed using the adjusting screw at the back side of the pump. Turning clockwise decreases the dosing quantity, counterclockwise increases it. After adjusting, it is recommended to lock the position with the locknut. The maximum adjustability is limited to each model and ends with a fully tightened set screw with 0mm3 dosing volume.
The maximum revolutions per model are as follows:
Standard test conditions
- PTFE tube with dimensions 2.0 x 3.0mm (ID x OD)
- Tube length input: 1000mm
- Tube length output: 100mm
- The pump sucks out of a reservoir positioned 500mm below the pump inlet.
- The pump outlet is free at the same height.
- Depending on the dosing quantity, a dosing needle is used at the outlet, in order to be able to measure the dosing of very small quantities. (For 10 - 50μl a needle with 0.5mm ID, at 50 - 100μl a needle with 1.5mm ID, otherwise no needle is used.)
- The ambient and fluid temperature is 20 ° C.
- The micro-dosing pump is operated with the highest possible frequency and 50% ED.
- Fluid used for dosing is water.
- The pump is operated continuously until the pump is completely filled with water, after which the measurement is started.
- The dosing accuracy is measured gravimetrically after 10 cycles and validated by calculating a cycle.
- Measurement accuracy is measured by 10 passes of 10 cycles each and expressed as a percentage of the average.
Factors influencing the dosing volume
Please note the following factors influencing the repeatability of micro-dosing pumps:
Notes on the micro-dosing pumps
Please take note of the following precautions:
- The smaller the dosing volume, the longer it may take until the micro-dosing pump is completely filled and an exact dosing volume is reached.
- If the pump is not installed according to the installation instructions and the outlet is not located above the inlet, it may cause bubbles and inaccuracies in the dosing volume.
- Make sure that the adjusting screw is fixed to prevent inaccuracies in the dosing volume.
- When modifying the dosing volume, carefully turn the adjusting screw to avoid damage to the pump.
- When unscrewing the setscrew, be careful not to loosen it completely, which may damage internal components of the pump.